SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST BELIEVE THAT HEALTH AND WELL-BEING (PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, SOCIAL AND SPIRITUAL) IS BOTH A RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY. WE ALSO BELIEVE THAT PREVENTING PROBLEMS THROUGH LIFESTYLE CHOICES IS GOD’S PLAN FOR US TO REACH OUR FULL POTENTIAL AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL.
THE AIM OF THE HEALTH MINISTRIES DEPARTMENT IS TO ASSIST INDIVIDUALS, LOCAL CHURCHES AND THEIR COMMUNITIES TO ENJOY THE BEST LIFE POSSIBLE THROUGH THE PROVISION OF:
- - Education resources
- - Training seminars
- - Group support
- - Community health awareness campaigns
ADVENTIST HEALTH WORKS IN THE AREAS OF:
- - Resilience development in children and youth;
- - Issues in relation to tobacco alcohol and other drugs;
- - Fostering improved nutrition in the community;
- - Facilitating the development and operation of one hospital and numerous local medical clinics in the Pacific islands.
BENEFITS OF A VEGETARIAN DIET – AN ADVENTIST HEALTH STUDY